Sunday, June 3, 2007

Why lah... My family is so psycho... My mum is like a bomb waiting to explode... my bro is the fire that lights up the fuse... and my dad is like the fuel poured over the fire... and I am the victim... Last night I can't even eat my dinner in peace... My mom was scolding my bro for eating so little, then my dad entered the fight... Ended up after dinner I got a lecture for being a lazy, stupid useless kid. I didn't even do anything!!! Just sitting there innocently... *sob* That's why I prefer to be away from my family... Everybody thinks my family looks happy... but truth is that we are super-psycho... I envy my friends for having happy families... My mom always get upset over everything, in the end I always kena...

Besides my extended family are too perfect... Until I always get compared to them... My mom always go, 'see lah! so-and-so is so good, so smart...' She always compare me to my cousins... Especially my smart-ass cousin Alex... He is smart, enter debates, go places, on dean's list... me, I'm useless, lazy, get lousy results, online too much, read too much...

Some more my mom know too many people with kids older than me... then she go like so-and-so punya daughter/son masuk this prestigious uni, got scholarship somemore... I knowlah, I very cha, scholarship pun cannot get, what else prestigious university... And she wants me to try for Melbourne U!!! I think I can go jump off a building now...

Yesterday she suggest that I have a birthday party for my birthday... Then I say dunwan... why? cause if I agree, she will non-stop lecture, even though she suggested it in the first place... First she will say don't think about the party, go study, she will handle it... then later after the party she will say I'm a lazy pig, never help her, she have to do all the work... And then later if my exam results is not super-good she will blame it on the party...and say that she wished she never allow me to do the party in the first place... In the end it's all my fault!! Like I said I wanted a party in the first place... So I told her I rather invite my friends go to McD than to have her do it... Then she annoyed pulak!

I can never understand this kind of mums... I knowlah they want us to be smart and everything, be successful in life... But then why treat us like horses...Always in a race to be No. 1, to be perfect... If everyone is perfect, then we'd be dead lah!! Cause then no one would be trying... Anyways there's always a winner and many losers... Just depends on how you look at it... The winner may have got the prize... but the others got experience and other stuff... Like some people... cannot study, but got talent, like art, or creativity.... But then the parents always say "study! study! must get good grades, be doctor/lawyer!" If everybody is doctor/lawyer or whatever "prime" job then who is going to be the artist that colors our life, the writer that spins stories, the labourers that help build buildings (you think architects build buildings ah? they just draw so that others can build). In a society there are many levels, and they depend on each other... If there are no teachers, then students can't study to be something... If there are no farmers, then you won't have food... No artist/writer/dancer/entertainer, no entertainment.... Our society would collapse... So don't make me into something perfect, like I am your doll, or puppet...

No comments: