Friday, June 1, 2007

Everything. Is. Cancelled.
Oh well. I can live with that. Even right now I'm planning again - have too much free time on my hands -_-" Talk abt boring holidays!!!

Moral Test 1 is at 9.00 am - half an hour away. After that, half my class will balik kampung, 1/3 are going Pulau Redang. The rest probably have their own plans. The CAL students are studying hard for exams, my friends at Inti have exams, and by the time they finish their exams my holiday is gone. So I'm bored and lonely again, with another one week to study. Bugger.

I can probably turn emo now, but what the heck, I don't think I will. Not in this blog anyway.

Why is it that I find it hard to join clubs? There are so many interesting clubs - Dance, Bowling, Badminton, Drama, Reading, Music. But half the clubs require me to stay back, so I can't join. Dance hasn't started yet, so I'm still waiting. Bowling is no fun without friends, and I doubt that I can simply crash in. Wei Vern called me anti-social, after I told her I hardly make new friends unless all of us were in the same situation. I guess that tag fits me. Anti-social. Quiet (with strangers). Crazy. Boring. Lame.

When I am alone I tend to think alot. Reading books leave my mind free to think as well. I'd make up conspiracies, theories. Stories. Now I think of another alternate world. Of what-might've-beens and what-nots. A very bad thing to do. Reality and Illusion could mix if I do not keep them apart. And I don't want to suffer from shizophrenia. Not yet. Not when I have not experience what life have to offer me. Not until I have reached my goals, and to finally be at peace with myself.

Everybody has their version of the afterlife. Some believe that there exists a Heaven and Hell, where the dead are separated. Some believe there is only one place to go, aka the Underworld of the Greeks or the Seven Hells of the Chinese. Some believe they will be reincarnated. I wonder what the Afterlife really is. When we die, do our consciousness just disappear? Or do we float off somewhere? Would we even know that we are dead? Or is this life just a dream, and somewhere else the real me will wake up? An eminent Chinese scholar once dreamed that he was a butterfly. When he woke up, he thought, "Was I before a man who dreamt about being a butterfly, or am I now a butterfly who dreams about being a man?"

...leads him to doubt the basis of pragmatic arguments since this presupposes that life is good and death bad ... Zhuangzi expresses pity to a skull he sees lying at the side of the road. Zhuangzi laments that the skull is now dead, but the skull retorts, 'How do you know it's bad to be dead?'

No comments: