Thursday, August 23, 2007

Because I don't want to start a new post, I'll just update this one.

Today (Friday) I went out for lunch with the choir's ex-president of 2004. She happens to be back from US on her summer break. So we went to eat at Old Town Kopitiam and talked all about our ex-choir days. How much difference between then and now! We also talked about our parents - mothers, to be exact. Our mothers are so similar! Asking us the same questions whenever we want to go out, and making up silly hypotheses. No wonder her mom and mine are friends =.="

After that I went to her house and watched Grease. No, not Grease starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, but the Grease performed by our school choir of which we were ex-members of. It sucked badly. Wasted my RM15 to buy it. The acting was so fake. Only good things about it was the male lead, who is a cute guy, and some of the cast who had strong voices and sang beautifully.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Blah. Another day spent at the library.

Every Thursday my lunch break is at 10am. When I first had this schedule my whole body rebelled. Imagine, one day out of five college days, I eat lunch so early in the day. On other days my lunch breaks are usually around noon and college usually ends 3 hours later. So on Thursdays 2-3 hours after lunch my body's timer tells me it's time evening, when in reality it's just 1 o' clock. Ended up I'll feel very tired on Thursday afternoons. However after months of this 'morning lunch' I don't feel this side-effect any more. On the other hand.... my body's tells me that i'm hungry at 11! Geez....

Since my stomach was screaming for food, I left my studies to look for lunch. Before that I borrowed a new book from the library. The Underdog and Other Stories by Agatha Christie. I was so engrossed in the book while eating that I failed to realise....that it was raining!!!! I had to run from Success back to Taylor's, and of course I got wet. Sheesh. I thought that the rain would stop by 2pm at least, but it didn't. It continued to drizzle on me as I waited for the bus. And the bus took so long to arrive somemore. Haiz.

Ratatouille is a French stew. It is also the name of a movie about a wannabe rat chef. I think teh best part about the movie is the animation. It was so nicely done, and all the small little details are included. The texture of the baguette, the architecture style of the old city of Paris, the lighting... it was all so amazing! Pixar is definitely one of the top animation studios around. There was some little details inserted in too. Like the food critic's full name: Anton Ego. (Ego for his attitude?) Or that Anton Ego's room....is shaped like a coffin. Dark like one, too. And the parody of Colonel Kentucky (fried chicken, anyone?). Ratatouille is more of a comedy, but I found myself shedding a few tears near the end. No, not because I had to pay rm5 for the ticket, but because.... I think I will leave you to find out for yourself.

No comments: