Sunday, May 31, 2009

Had an awesomely good week. Spending time to catch up with friends after the stress of Cafe - priceless. To just be myself and not care how others perceive me (screw the stupid announcements and the students' listening skills).

Currently I've turned my bedroom floor into a massive study table/bed. The weather here is getting colder and colder - tomorrow, according to the weather forecast, the min temp is 6 Celcius. 6!! Since my floor is heated, why not make use of it? I laid a huge wool blanket down on the floor, put my laptop and books next to it and commenced studying. Best of all, when I feel sleepy, just roll myself into the blanket and snooze for a while.

Ramen-ya is a pretty good place to eat. I went there again this week (the last time being last weekend). E loves the atmosphere there. The rest loves the food. I must admit, it's a pretty nice place. Small ornate lanterns decorate the wooden tables, and the lighting is dim, providing a sense of privacy. Ramen-ya serves pretty good food at reasonable prices as well - $10 for a ramen or a bento box. Since I tried their specialty ramen last week, I tried the chicken katsu bento box this time.

Now I feel hungry for Rose Garden's Spicy Fried Chicken Ribs - the MUST HAVE dish.

Just tonight all of us had an intense conversation about politics, religion, genetics/eugenics and pokemon. Very random, very funny, and most of all, the type of conversation I missed from last year. When Dominique (an American exchange student) came in we started arguing about society and marriage - why do we need to follow society's dictate to marry by a certain age? The answer is logical, from the genetics view, the biological view, the societal view as well as the government view.

On a random ending note: I've just realised that the amount of support we give and receive is enormous.

No comments: