Friday, January 16, 2009

I so badly want to blog but I wasn't sure what to blog about. In the end, I decided to blog about my foodie experiences here. I still have the restaurant reviews I used to submit to the IH Globe last year, so I'll post it up one by one. Of course, I've tried more restaurants than I've ever written about, but I never bothered to write about it. If you do go to Melbourne however, I'll gladly bring you on a foodie tour of good places to eat =)

I've gotten a job at Taipan, near my house. It's an accounting cum secretary firm, and although both are separate firms it's in the same office. There are only four people working there: the owner, two permanents and me. I mostly handle secretarial stuff like filing, photostating and modifying documents, but just recently they've taught me to use UBS, an accounting software. That brings my knowledge of acct software up to 3 programs - I'm so proud of it :P

A surprise awaited me in the spam section of my mail yesterday. As usual, I browsed through the spam to check out if any legit mail accidentally got in there. I stared at the words Peter Grant Cole and your room allocation for a minute before I realised that omg, they're actually sending out our room info for next year!!!!!!!! In IH, at the end of the year we'd tote up our room points (gained from participating in college activities, sports and doing well in studies), survey the rooms we're aiming for the next year, write down our preferences (I put down about 25 rooms!) and then hand it in. Then just wait for the results. It's quite a fun process, especially if you're applying for the best rooms in the college. No one has any idea of who their opponents are for the room, so getting the results is the only way to know whether you got it or not. I stared at the words room 53 for a bit before checking out the IH portal for which room is that.

Anyway, this is the first restaurant review I did for the IH Globe - I usually write the themed articles. My best and most enjoyed article is still The Fresher's Guide to IH. Enjoy.

Vina Bar

Vina Bar, located at 253 Lygon St, is a rather small, unassuming restaurant. However, it has an extensive menu to cater to meatarians and vegetarians alike. I had the Grilled Pork Vermicelli, whilst my friends had the Beef Soup Noodles and the Vermicelli with Rice Paper Rolls. The soup from the beef noodles was flavourful and tasty. The vermicelli noodles come with tangy peanut sauce, chilli sauce and tasty mint leaves. The prices are a little bit higher than the average, but the generous portions make up for the price. Prices range from $8 to $13.



No comments: